Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
on Dec 27, 2023, Updated Jan 29, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect for game days and watch parties. Just 5 Ingredients is all you need for this easy dip recipe! So warm, creamy, and cheesy- and it makes for a great make-ahead dip too.
The best part of any great party is going to be some tasty appetizers. Some of our best game day parties and New Year’s get-togethers have been highlighted by some delicious snacks and finger foods. Slow Cooker Party Meatballs are one of our all-time favorite appetizers but our Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls are a big favorite too.
Those make for great hand food but sometimes a tasty dip recipe really hits the spot! Something like our Homemade Salsa makes for a great chip dip. Our Hot Spinach Dip is going to be a warm, creamy, and cheesy snack you’ll keep coming back to. Today though, we wanted to show off another delicious dip we love making time and time again: Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip.
We love ourselves some Buffalo chicken- just see our No Fry Buffalo Wings and Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipes! Buffalo wing sauce on some crispy juicy chicken, all with a bit of ranch dip or blue cheese off on the side? It’s so tasty, but it takes a bit of time to get those wings fried. And then tossed with the Buffalo sauce. So, whenever we want to get our Buffalo fix in, we usually go with a Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip.
You get all the fixings for a good “wing night” in one easy-to-make chicken dip recipe. Grab some rotisserie chicken, Franks RedHot, ranch, and a few other tasty ingredients and you can have a yummy dip fixed up in no time at all! It makes for a great game day appetizer recipe, a New Years appetizer, or a tasty watch party snack. You can serve this warm dip with chips, crackers, or celery sticks.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe
- Our Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip checks off all the boxes for a great appetizer dip recipe. It’s hot, creamy, cheesy, and plenty filling. It pairs with all sorts of different dippers to: use anything from tortilla chips to baby carrots- we think it works with just about any of them!
- Even though we’re using Frank’s RedHot sauce in this recipe, the heat is pretty manageable. We’re sure everyone will be able to handle the heat from the hot sauce, but you can always grab a milder or hotter sauce if you’d like.
- Since this Franks Red Hot Dip holds up really well in the fridge and freezer, it almost doubles as a Make Ahead Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. There’s even ways to make it up like a cold dip if you’re planning on making it ahead of time and want to skip the oven!
Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
You’re not going to need many ingredients to make up this delicious Franks Red Hot Buffalo Dip- it’s so easy! Here’s all you’ll need to make some of this Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Cooked Chicken – We’ll be shredding this up for our recipe. You could use a store-bought or Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken here if you have one handy. Otherwise, make up some quick Air Fryer Chicken Breasts or Baked Chicken Breast and use that instead.
- Cream Cheese – Try to let your cream cheese soften before using it in this chicken dip recipe.
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – For that authentic Buffalo Chicken flavor!
- Ranch Dressing – You can use store-bought ranch or make up some homemade ranch instead. If you don’t have any ranch packets, you could try throwing together some of our Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Mix.
- Cheddar Cheese – Take that little bit of extra time and effort and shred cheddar cheese by hand instead of using pre-shredded cheddar. Freshly shredded cheddar melts and mixes so much better.
That’s all you’ll need for the actual Buffalo Chicken Dip, but consider a garnish too! We used some blue cheese crumbles and some finely chopped green onions.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip with Franks Red Hot
Making this Easy Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip couldn’t be much simpler: just throw everything together and let it bake! To make this tasty chicken dip for yourself, here’s all you need to do:
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy before adding in other dip ingredients. Stir well until thoroughly mixed.
- Add Buffalo chicken dip mix to an 8×8 baking dish. Spread until baking dish is evenly filled.
- Transfer baking dish to an awaiting 350 degree oven. Let bake for 20 minutes or until mixture has heated through. Remove from oven, optionally garnish with blue cheese crumbles and green onions before serving.
We’re confident this Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is going to taste amazing as its presented, but we understand if you’re having trouble finding some of the ingredients. Even though the chicken and cream cheese are sort of set-in-stone, there’s a few substitutions you can try:
- Franks Red Hot Sauce – There’s a reason almost any Buffalo sauce recipe is going to call for this stuff: it’s hard to copy and it works perfectly. If you need to sub in anything else, we’d recommend staying within the Franks Red Hot brand. For something with a little less heat, go with the Franks RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce. Want more heat? Go with the Franks RedHot XTRA Hot instead.
- Ranch Dressing – There’s always the big debate between ranch or blue cheese for Buffalo wings. While we think the ranch dressing works out best in this recipe, you’re more than welcome to try subbing in a blue cheese dressing instead.
- Cheddar Cheese – Cheddar is accessible and easy to find at your local grocery store- you also probably already have it in your fridge. But cheddar isn’t the only cheese that will work in this recipe! Feel free to sub in all sorts of other different Monterey Jack cheese or Colby jack cheese if that’s what you prefer.
We love how this Baked Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip turned out, but maybe you want a more unique Buffalo chicken dip recipe. We’ve got a few ideas you can try to shake things up a little:
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip – There’s nothing stopping you from putting all of these ingredients in a slow cooker instead of a baking dish! Add all of your Buffalo Chicken Dip ingredients to a slow cooker and mix well before covering and letting cook on low. After a couple hours, you’ll have a nice and hot dip ready for serving!
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Save yourself the dipping and try making some sliders out of this dip if you prefer. Split some slider buns or- even better- Kings Hawaiian rolls and line the bottom of your dish with the bottom halves of your buns. Add the dip then the top half of the buns. Cover with foil and bake as normal.
- Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip – We prefer a nice hot Buffalo Chicken Dip but some people actually enjoy it as a cold dip recipe as well! Keep all the same ingredients but drop the ranch dressing- we’ll use a ranch seasoning packet instead to keep things from staying too wet and loose. Mix all of your ingredients together like in the recipe but, instead of baking in the oven, let it chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Storage / Freezing
Storage: If there’s anything better than fresh Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip, it might be leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip. Let your leftover dip cool to room temperature before covering and keeping it in the fridge. Expect it to hold up for 3-4 days- it might even taste a little better after the first day or two, when the flavors have had more time to meld and mix!
Freezing: You can even give freezing Buffalo Chicken Dip a shot if you want some more long-term storage. The cream cheese and ranch might not freeze and thaw well, but the overall flavor and texture of your thawed chicken dip should still be fine! Cover tightly with plastic wrap and/or foil and keep in the freezer for 2-3 months.
If dip starts brown too much for your liking, add aluminum foil to the top.
Other Appetizers to Try
Looking for other Appetizers? Try these:
More Appetizer Recipes
Here are some more of our favorite appetizer recipes:
Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cup Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Spread into an 8×8″ baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Optionally garnish with blue cheese or green onions.
- Serve with chips, crackers or crudites.