Halloween Rice Krispy Mummies
on Jul 24, 2020, Updated Jan 02, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make these Halloween Rice Krispy Mummies for your party treat or snacks this year. They are simple to make, adorable, and oh so Spooky!
Halloween Rice Krispy Mummies
Fun Halloween treats are always something we make. Halloween Krispy Treats like our popular Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats are one we make each and every year. Who doesn’t enjoy a good Rice Krispy?
I shared our Best Krispy Treat recipe and they are my kid’s favorite quick and easy treat to make. We make them quite often. Last Halloween we made a batch, dipped them in white chocolate, added edible candy eyes, and served them for our Halloween party we had. They were a hit!
When we cut the Krispy Treats into bars or buy boxed squares, dip them in chocolate, add edible eyes and drizzle with chocolate they make a perfect mummy treat.
Ingredients to Make Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 Count Rice Krispy Treat Bars – you can also make Homemade Rice Krispy Treats
- Vanilla White Melting Chocolate- You can buy the bagged chips and melt. I prefer to use the Kroger store brand candy melting tryas because they are easy, quick, and less mess.
- Edible Candy Eyes – you could also use other candies like mini M&M’s.
How to Make Halloween Mummy Krispy Treats
First, melt your chocolate in the microwave or stovetop. Then dip each Krispy Treat in the melted chocolate. Shake off any extra chocolate that may be dripping. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
You can add the edible eyes or add them after like I did. I prefer to add them after because the chocolate wants to cool very quickly. After the chocolate sets, go ahead and trim the extra chocolate off the edges with a knife.
Transfer the remaining chocolate to a zippered bag or piping bag. I like to place the bag in a tall cup and then add the chocolate. Less mess is always best!
Snip the corner of the bag very small. Add two dots of the chocolate to each Krispy Treat for the edible eyes. Then, drizzle the chocolate across your treats to resemble mummy wrapping.
After the chocolate has completely cooled and dried, transfer to an air-tight container or small cello bags for an individual treat to offer.
Consider making these other Halloween Treats that I have shared:
- Spider Cookies – adorable and perfect for a party!
- Mummy Oreo Truffles – Simple to make and so cute!
- Ghost Brownies – one of our favorite treats for Halloween.
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 Rice Krispy Treat Bars
- 1 lb Vanilla White Melting Chocolate
- 16 Edible Candy Eyes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or stovetop.
- Dip each Krispy Treat in the melted chocolate.
- Shake off any excess and place on prepared sheet.
- After the chocolate sets, trim the extra chocolate off the edges with a knife.
- Reheat chocolate and transfer to a zippered bag or piping bag.
- Snip the corner of the bag very small. Add two dots of the chocolate to each Krispy Treat for the edible eyes. Then, drizzle the chocolate across your treats to resemble mummy wrapping.