Make these Halloween Mummy Oreo truffles for a fun spooky treat this year. Use Chocolate or Golden Oreos; whichever is your favorite! Since they use just 4 simple ingredients, and no bake, they are so simple to make.
Halloween Mummy Oreo Truffles
Halloween treats are always so fun to make. My kiddos like cute desserts like Pumpkin Shaped Krispie Treats and Spider Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. Spooky treats like Mummy Twinkies or Ghost Brownies are great for Halloween parties.
Sometimes having a Halloween treat that is fun for the kids and also appetizing for adults is best. Oreo Truffles are appetizing for both! Plus, they are so spooky and cute, even teens will want them for their parties!
These Oreo truffles with white chocolate are so simple to make. Even the kids can help make them since there is no cooking involved. My older kids make them often without assistance.
I used Golden Oreo cookies for these mummy truffles. You could also switch to a chocolate flavor or even a limited edition pumpkin spice variety — any flavor Oreo cookie works. My favorite is Golden Oreo Truffles.
Since mummies are white, white chocolate will be need. I like no-fuss melting chocolates. I always purchase the microwave melting chocolate trays from Kroger. Check your baking aisle at your grocery.
Cream cheese combined with crushed Oreo cookies and coated in chocolate makes for an insanely delicious truffle. The white chocolate drizzle works great replicating mummy wrap. Red or black melting chocolates can work for the mummy eyes. Or, I chose an inexpensive Betty Crocker black decorating gel for these mummy eyes. You can find the decorating gels near the cupcake decorating supplies at your grocery.
Ingredients to Make Halloween Mummy Oreo Truffles
- Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- White Melting Chocolate
- Mummy Eye decorations
How to Make Halloween Mummy Truffles
First, crush the Oreo cookies with a food processor or by crushing in a zippered bag.
Next, add the crushed cookies and cream cheese to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then beat with a hand mixer until combined well.
Then, form the truffle mixture into 1 inch sized balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet or dish. If it is too soft to form, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes. The Oreo Balls will then need chilling. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Microwave the white chocolate according to the package instructions. And, begin coating each Oreo Ball. After coating, place them on the cookie sheet. Transfer all of the leftover chocolate to a piping bag or plastic bag. Then, be creative, making bandages. Piping quick lines back and forth. Finally, add eyes and refrigerate. Keep refrigerated until serving.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 14.3 oz Golden Oreo Cookies
- 16 oz White Dipping Chocolate
- Red or Black Gel Icing
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add crushed cookies and blend well.
- Form mixture into 1″ balls and place on prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat white chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork dip each ball into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to tray.
- Transfer unused white chocolate to piping bag or zippered bag and clip the tip.
- Drizzle over each in a back and forth motion to resemble bandage wraps.
- Using gel icing, place two dots for eyes.