Grab your Crock-Pot to make this Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast for a comforting dinner. No need to use the oven. The recipe results are amazing since we use a simple turkey rub and slow cook. It’s a juicy and flavorful breast for a weeknight meal or Thanksgiving.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Making a Thanksgiving turkey requires so much work. Last year we were in the process of a move over the holidays, so I made this Easy Turkey Breast right in my slow cooker. Everyone was skeptical and planned to be disappointed.
Wow, we were so wrong. The breast was amazing. It was juicy, full of flavor, and everyone loved it. It was so good that I make turkey breasts throughout the year for family dinners. Turkey is no longer just for the holidays for our family any longer.
Typically when we enjoy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast for a family meal, it’s excellent with Traditional Stuffing and Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes. Occasionally, I will also use a second slow cooker and make Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole.
Since we all love this specific turkey breast recipe, I plan to make it in addition to our big bird this Thanksgiving. Having extra breast meat for our additional guests will be perfect.
Did I mention the flavor and juiciness? Each time we make this recipe, it is so delicious. There’s no fear of dry and unflavored turkey. It’s a fail-proof recipe.
The recipe is so easy. So, it’s great when time is an issue. Toss the bird in, let it slow cook and have dinner on the table with little effort. Your family will ask for it to be in your dinner rotation.
Ingredients to Make Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Turkey Breast
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Homemade Turkey Rub
- Flour if making gravy
How to Make Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
First, add a few stalks of celery and onion to the bottom of your slow cooker. If you do not have either of those on hand, add a couple of different veggies to the bottom. These are not to eat but to keep the turkey from resting on the bottom of the CrockPot.
Next, lather the breast with some olive oil.
Then, add the Homemade Turkey Rub and completely cover. I cover both the top and bottom.
Add the breast to the top of the vegetables. Pour the vegetable broth into the crock.
Now, cook for about 3 hours on the high setting or 6 hours on low.
Check the internal temperature, you need to be at 165 degrees. Follow my gravy instructions if you would like a simple gravy with your turkey breast.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 4 stalks Celery
- 1 Onion cut in 8 wedges
- 3 lb Turkey Breast Roast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil divided
- Turkey Rub
- 1-2 cup Chicken Broth divided
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sage
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp Thyme
- Place celery and onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Drizzle oil over turkey breast and sprinkle turkey rub over all sides.
- Place turkey on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Pour 1 cup of broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low (internal temperature of 165).
- Move turkey to serving platter and remove netting.
- Strain liquid from slow cooker and set aside.
- In a small pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of flour and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add liquid to the roux and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- If you need more gravy add additional chicken broth to mixture.
- Slice turkey and serve with gravy.