Make Mint Chocolate Chip Dip for St. Patrick’s Day this year. It’s a quick and easy cheesecake dip. We tint it green, flavor with mint, and then load it with chocolate chips. Serve it along with pretzels, cookies, or fruit.
Mint Chocolate Chip Dip
Delicious and sweet cheesecake flavored dips are some of our favorites. During the summer, we make an Orange Cream Cheese Dip and also a Pineapple Dip. For the holidays, we tend to get a little festive with our foods. I have made this green cheesecake dip so many times over the years, and it is always fun for St. Patrick’s Day.
The dip is both creamy and fluffy. It’s minty and sweet. If you are planning a St. Patrick’s Day party, it will be a perfect green appetizer.
Mint recipes are always popular for St. Patty’s Day. Green desserts like Shamrock Shakes and Mint Cheesecake are delicious and fun. But, Mint Chocolate Chip Dip is so easy. You can make it in just a couple of minutes. So, it’s perfect for the last minute moms like myself.
Other Delicious Mint Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day
Cream Cheese Dips are so tasty. Plain cream cheese can be boring and odd texture for some. When you add flavors and mix-ins, they quickly become delicious and creamy. My family will not eat plain, but they will consume this green treat quite quickly. Most everyone loves a good dip!
Ingredients to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioners Sugar
- Mint Extract
- Whipped Topping- Like Cool Whip
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How to Make Mint Dip
First, beat the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until it’s very creamy. Incredibly soft cream cheese will result in the best dip. I use my hand mixer, but a stand mixer works as well.
Next, add the confectioner’s sugar and beat it again until blended. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides.
Now, add the whipped topping, mint extract and about 6 or 7 drops of green food coloring. Use a spatula to fold in. Continue to add more food coloring or gel until you achieve the perfect color green dip.
Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the mint chocolate chip dip to a serving bowl and add some additional chocolate chips for garnish. Refrigerate the dip for at least one hour before serving.
What to Serve with Mint Chocolate Chip Dip
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Fresh Fruit
- Dried Fruit
- Nilla Wafers
- Graham Crackers
- Sugar Cookies
- Oreo Cookies (the mini versions are perfect for dipping)
Tips for Making the Best Mint Chocolate Chip Dip
- Always use very soft cream cheese. If it is soft, it will mix better and result in a creamier cream cheese dip.
- Beat the cream cheese for a couple of minutes with a hand mixer or a stand mixer will work well too.
- Powdered sugar works best for the cheesecake dip. Granulated sugar will make add graininess to the dip.
- Whipped topping like Cool-Whip is best for cheesecake dips. Homemade whipped cream does not have a stabilizer in it and will not stay fluffy.
- Use Mint Extract if possible. Peppermint works but mint flavoring will work best.
- Mini chocolate chips work best. They are much smaller and will distribute throughout the dip much better than the full-sized.
- Mint chip dip is best if enjoyed the day of making. But, it will still be tasty if kept covered and refrigerated for about 2-3 days. So, it is possible to make it ahead of time.
Mint Chip Dip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mint Extract
- 8 oz Whipped Topping
- 1 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Green Food Coloring
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mint extract until combined.
- Add whipped topping and 6 drops of food coloring.
- Blend with a spatula until smooth. Add additional food coloring as necessary to achieve desired color.
- Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.