Needing a great dinner idea? Go ahead and makes these super delicious and easy to make meaty Lasagna Roll Ups! Great for feeding a large family or a great addition for your next potluck.
Lasagna Roll Ups
Traditional meaty lasagna is one of the best things in the world, IMO anyhow, lol. I thought nothing could ever beat it until I made these much simpler, easier to make, and easy to serve meaty lasagna roll ups.
If you too are a fan of lasagna, you will want to add this super tasty meal to your menu list like right now, not later. You can thank me later, ha ha.
I love putting a spin on classic dinners. This spin is here to stay, just ask my family. I made a couple batches of these rollups so I could have extras in the freezer. They were so darn tasty and will be perfect when we need to serve a crowd for a party or potluck.
My hubby is not a fan of ricotta so I was able to make him a meaty mozzarella version of these little guys. He commented on how perfect the rollups are for customizing for each persons liking. We have a couple kiddos who refuse onions so I left onions out of their roll-ups. PERFECT! When I make traditional pan lasagna, there is no leaving this or that out of the equation. Plus, traditional pans are more difficult to serve and definitely more messy.
I served our Lasagna Roll-ups with a side salad and some garlic bread with our Homemade Garlic Spread. Our meal was perfect.
If you would like to make this super easy Italian dinner, you will need lasagna noodles, ground beef, your favorite store bought or Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, and some other misc spices. The recipe is super easy and comes together quite quickly.
Yeilds 12 Lagagna Roll-Ups
12 cooked Lasagna Noodles
1 lb Ground Beef
1/2 medium Onion, chopped
1 tsp minced Garlic
2 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
34 oz jarred Spaghetti Sauce
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg (note that I accidently included two eggs in the ingredient picture… you will only need one)
1 tbsp Dried Parsley
2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 375.
Pour thin coat of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
Drain excess grease.
Add basil, oregano and remaining spaghetti sauce to beef and simmer 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine Ricotta, egg, parsley, 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1 cup Parmesan. Stir until combined.
Arrange cooked noodles on a flat surface. Spread a thin coating of meat mixture on each.
Top meat mixture with a thin layer of Ricotta mixture.
Roll up each noodle and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
Top roll ups with remaining meat sauce mixture.
Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 35-45 minutes, until cheese is melted and ricotta is bubbling.
Do you have a favorite Italian dinner you serve frequently?
Lasagna Roll Ups
- 12 Lasagna Noodles cooked
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 medium Onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 34 oz jarred Spaghetti Sauce
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour thin coat of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add basil, oregano and remaining spaghetti sauce to beef and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine Ricotta, egg, parsley, 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1 cup Parmesan. Stir until combined.
- Arrange cooked noodles on a flat surface. Spread a thin coating of meat mixture on each.
- Top meat mixture with a thin layer of Ricotta mixture.
- Roll up each noodle and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Top roll ups with remaining meat sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 35-45 minutes, until cheese is melted and ricotta is bubbling.
Looking for other weeknight dinner ideas? Be sure to see these other recipes that I have shared…