Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
on Sep 02, 2023, Updated Jan 29, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites are such a tasty chicken dish. A quick 15 minute recipe that’s perfect for quick lunches & weeknight dinners. Pairs well with all sorts of different vegetables and side dishes.
I’m always eager for recipes that pack plenty of flavor in such a short time and with so few ingredients! These Garlic Chicken Bites are so rich, tasty, and easy to make in almost no time at all. It’s the perfect easy chicken dinner recipe when you need something delicious sooner rather than later- and you’ll have plenty of time to whip up some sides too!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this Garlic Butter Chicken Bites recipe
- Garlic, butter, and chicken bites are a simple but delicious combo. A little bit of added Italian seasonings and olive oil only helps to amp up the flavor even more!
- The recipe itself is so dead-simple and easy. There’s even room for a few substitutions, extra ingredients, and different spins and takes on buttery garlic chicken.
- Cutting your chicken down into these bite-sized chicken chunks is going to help them cook through much quicker. Once everything’s prepped, this makes for an easy 15-minute recipe- great for quick weeknight dinners!
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites Ingredients
If you’re lucky, you might already have all these fridge, freezer, and pantry staples on hand! That’s one of the best parts about this delicious chicken dish: you don’t need any exotic ingredients. Here’s all you’ll need:
- Chicken Breast – Cut your chicken down into bite-sized pieces before starting this recipe.
- Flour – You can just use all-purpose flour here.
- Seasonings – We went real simple with some basil and oregano, as well as some salt and pepper. You could just as easily use some of our Italian Seasoning here too!
- Olive Oil – With the all the Italian flavors we’re getting from the basil, oregano, and garlic, it makes sense to use some olive oil in this recipe. You could cook your chicken in just olive oil or, if that sounds like too much, you can mix it with…
- Butter – We’ll be cooking our chicken with olive oil and butter as well as adding some extra butter in at the end.
- Minced Garlic – Minced garlic from the jar will work perfectly fine here. Feel free to use fresh garlic if you have it!
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
The thing that you’re going to love the most about our Garlic Butter Chicken Bites is how simple and easy to make they are. To make this tasty chicken recipe for yourself, here’s what you’ll do:
- In a small bowl, combine flour, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Use a whisk to mix together before setting aside.
- Heat olive oil and some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Toss chicken pieces in seasoned flour mixture to coat.
- Add coated chicken pieces to pan and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn over and cook another 2-3 minutes to brown other side. Add in remaining butter and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temp.
If you’re missing a couple ingredients for your Garlic Butter Chicken Bites, don’t worry! We’ve got a couple substitutions you can try:
- Chicken Breast – Of course, you don’t have to use chicken breasts for this recipe. You could easily sub in some chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins if that’s all you have or want to use.
- Olive Oil – Using olive oil is sort of optional for this recipe. We think adding a touch of it works well with the Italian herbs in the seasoning. You could easily sub some or all of the olive oil out for a neutral oil or maybe some more butter.
It shouldn’t be too hard to mix things up and experiment a little with our recipe here. Check out a few ways you could shake things up a bit:
- Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Bites – A touch of lemon in this dish really helps brighten it up! Maybe add some lemon zest to your coating(along with some parsley), and/or give this dish a hearty squeeze of lemon over top once it’s done.
- Chinese Garlic Chicken Bites – Since our recipe is pretty simple and easy to make, there’s plenty of room to experiment. Sub out those Italian seasonings for some ginger or Chinese five-spice, add a touch of sesame oil, and maybe toss in some chopped bell peppers and green onions.
- Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken Bites – It wouldn’t be too hard to make a rich, creamy sauce to go along with your garlic butter chicken. Set aside some extra butter, save some of the seasoned flour, and use it to make a quick roux. Add in some chicken stock and milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream to make a cream sauce.
Storage / Freezing
Storage: Transfer your leftover Garlic Butter Chicken Bites into an airtight container once it’s cooled. Kept in the fridge, they’ll stay good for another 3-4 days.
Freezing: Same procedure: let cool and transfer to a freezer-safe container. Let freeze and it’ll keep another 4-6 months.
Be sure the internal temperature of your chicken bites reaches 165 degrees.
Serve this Chicken Recipe with:
Looking for some amazing sides to serve with these Chicken Bites? Try these:
Other Chicken Recipes Recipes
Here are some of my favorite chicken dinner recipes? I hope you try them too!
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp Butter, divided
- 2 lb Chicken Breast, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Combine flour, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small dish.
- Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Toss chicken pieces in flour mixture to coat.
- Cook until browned (about 3 minutes).
- Turn and cook until browned on other side (2-3 minutes).
- Add remaining butter and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 165.