on Jul 05, 2023, Updated Jan 29, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Dunkaroo Dip is such a sweet and creamy treat you can whip up with Funfetti mix. Just 3 ingredients to make this tasty dessert dip recipe! Goes great with some vanilla wafers or some animal crackers for dipping- just like snacking on Dunkaroos.
This dip is an old favorite of ours. We used to call it Funfetti Dip because it’s so easy to make with Funfetti Cake Mix but it tastes just like that delicious frosting dip that comes with Dunkaroos. Whether you’re a fan of Funfetti Dip or want to call it a Homemade Dunkaroo Dip, you’re going to love it! This delicious dessert dip is so rich and creamy with tons of smooth vanilla flavor added in- great for dipping cookies or maybe even some fruits. Best of all, it only needs 3 ingredients which means it’s a breeze to whip up!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this Dunkaroo Dip recipe
- If you love making Funfetti Cake or Funfetti Cupcakes, you’ll love this tasty kitchen hack recipe. Turn that tasty vanilla cake mix into a rich, creamy dessert dip instead!
- You’ll only need a couple of extra ingredients outside of the Funfetti Dip. You might even have some Cool Whip handy which means all you’ll need for our dip is some vanilla yogurt.
- This yummy dessert dip holds up surprisingly well in the fridge once it’s done. You could easily whip this up and serve it as a party dip a couple of days in advance!
Dunkaroos Dip Ingredients
Maybe the best part about this dessert dip recipe is how you need just 3 ingredients to make it! To make this tasty Dip, here’s all you need:
- Funfetti Cake Mix – If you’re worried about raw flour in the cake mix, you can microwave it for 90 seconds, whisking every 15-30 seconds to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Frozen Whipped Topping – Cool Whip or whatever the store-brand product is near you.
- Vanilla Yogurt
Of course, some rainbow sprinkles on top will really help you get that Dunkaroos or Funfetti look! The extra sprinkle garnish is completely optional though.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Dunkaroo Dip
Once you’ve got your ingredients around, making this Dunkaroo or Funfetti Dip is super easy. Here’s all you’ll have to do:
- To a large bowl, add your cake mix, vanilla yogurt and briefly mix to combine. Add in Cool Whip and fold together with cake mix and yogurt mixture.
- Transfer Dip to fridge and allow to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Move finished dessert dip into serving bowl and optionally top with sprinkles. Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and/or animal crackers.
Can’t find the ingredients for our dip recipe? Here’s a few substitutions you can give try:
- Funfetti Cake Mix – If you don’t specifically have the Pillsbury Funfetti mix sitting around, you can still make this recipe! Funfetti is really just a vanilla white cake mix with some rainbow jimmies or sprinkles mixed in. Just use white cake mix and maybe a little added vanilla extract in a pinch.
- Frozen Whipped Topping – We always have plenty of Cool Whip on hand, but you don’t need it to make our Dunkaroo Dip. Whip up some cold heavy cream from scratch and use it in Cool Whip’s place.
- Vanilla Yogurt – Don’t have any vanilla yogurt on hand? We’ve got a few substitutions you can use. Either add a bit of vanilla extract to some plain yogurt or use a vanilla pudding instead.
Looking for ways to change this recipe up? Here’s a couple you can try based on other Dunkaroo flavors:
- Chocolate Dunkaroos Dip – Dunkaroos don’t just come with vanilla frosting dip- they also sell Dunkaroos with chocolate frosting dip! Replace the Funfetti with a fudge or chocolate cake mix and use chocolate pudding or yogurt instead of vanilla. Serve with your favorite vanilla wafers or maybe use some graham crackers instead.
- Chocolate Chip Dunkaroos Dip – Another elusive Dunkaroo flavor is the chocolate Dunkaroos with the chocolate chip dip. Sub out the Funfetti mix with butter or white cake mix and add in some mini chocolate chips. Serve up with some chocolate wafers or cookies.
Storage / Freezing
Storage: Once you’re done enjoying your Dunkaroos Dip, you can store it in the fridge. Sealed tightly with plastic wrap or in a resealable container, it should stay good for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing: Freezing is better if you want to store Dunkaroo Dip long-term. Seal it up tightly and keep in the freezer for 2-3 months.
If you’re worried about raw flour in the cake mix, you can microwave it for 90 seconds, whisking every 15-30 seconds to make sure it cooks evenly.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
Dunkaroo Dip is a sweet dip that is reminiscent of the popular ’90s snack, Dunkaroos. It is made with whipped topping, and funfetti cake mix, resulting in a nostalgic treat.
Dunkaroo Dip is best served with cookies, graham crackers, or animal crackers. The crunchy pairs well with the creamy and sweet dip.
Yes, you can make Dunkaroo Dip ahead of time. It is actually recommended to prepare it in advance and let it chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and gives the dip a firmer consistency.
The traditional Dunkaroo Dip recipe contains dairy and gluten, so it may not be suitable for individuals with lactose intolerance or celiac disease. However, you can explore alternative ingredients to make a dairy-free or gluten-free version of the dip, such as using dairy-free cream cheese and gluten-free cake mix.
Other Dessert Dip Recipes
Looking for other dessert dip recipes? Try these:
More Dessert Dip Recipes
Here are some other dessert dip recipes that I have shared:
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix, 15.25 oz
- 2 cup Cool Whip, Thawed
- 2 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- Sprinkle Decorations, optional
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, Cool Whip and yogurt until blended and smooth.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with additional sprinkles.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, animal crackers, etc.