Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
on Mar 22, 2023, Updated Jan 29, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Deviled Egg Pasta Salad is a simple, yet delicious side dish that comes together quickly and easily. The flavors of deviled eggs and pasta salad come together perfectly in this recipe, making it an ideal party dish or weeknight dinner side.
This homemade pasta salad recipe with a twist an excellent dish dish for holiday meals, summer BBQs, a potluck or even to go with your favorite weekday entrees. If you are looking for a new recipe to change up your meal rotation this is the recipe for you.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this pasta salad recipe
- This deviled egg pasta salad recipe is absolutely delicious and it doesn’t take long to make at all.
- This is a perfect recipe for using leftover Easter Eggs.
- It’s creamy and full of flavor with a hint of tanginess from the mustard dressing that ties it all together.
- It’s also great to make ahead so that you can save time in the kitchen on busy days!
Ingredients for Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
This creamy pasta salad recipe starts off with a few simple ingredients that are pantry staples. The tangy dressing is differently the star of this show and it clings to these pasta so beautifully. Here’s a quick list of the ingredients that you will need:
- Eggs – Grab the eggs out of the fridge, and hard boil them in your preferred way. Or, you can save time and pick up a package of preboiled eggs that the grocery store.
- Pasta – Elbow macaroni noodles work best for this dish. Pick up a bag or box next time you are at the grocery store.
- Mustard – You will a little of the classic yellow mustard to give your dressing the tang that makes it crave worthy.
- Mayonnaise – Grab a jar of your favorite mayo. Any brand that you prefer will work, our family likes Duke’s.
- Sweet Pickle Relish – The delicious relish adds a nice zing to the salad. You could use dill relish instead if you are not a fan of sweet relish.
- Red Onion – Red onions are best in salads like these because they provide a nice strong flavor.
- Celery – Celery adds a nice crunch to the pasta salad and it’s a great way to add some extra vegetables.
- Paprika – Paprika is the secret ingredient that makes this recipe so good. A little sprinkle of paprika will give it a nice pop of flavor!
- Salt & Pepper -Salt and freshly ground black pepper add a nice finishing touch.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
Making this simple pasta salad recipe is so simple, and you only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this fresh side dish. Grab a bowl and get ready to be blown away by how simple this pasta dish is to make.
- Add the yolks to your had boiled eggs to a mixing bowl. And, then mask yolks with a fork until fully broken up.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and relish to the egg yolks. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cooked pasta pasta, egg whites, celery and onion. Stir to combine.
- Add yolk mixture to bowl and stir until blended. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Did you open your cabinets and realize that you are missing an ingredient to make pasta salad with boiled eggs recipe? Have no fear, here are a few swaps that can save you a trip to the grocery store.
- Pasta – Instead of elbow noodles, you could rotini, bow-ties, or even small shells to make this side dish.
- Mustard – Dijon mustard can be used instead of yellow mustard with no problem!
- Yogurt – If you are trying to save on some calories, plain greek yogurt can be used instead of the mayo.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to add a little more flavor to this pasta salad with boiled eggs recipe.
Spicy – Add a few shakes of cayenne pepper or hot sauce to the dressing for some added heat.
Herbs – Add a pinch of fresh dill or parsley to the mix for extra flavor. If you like a bit of garlic flavoring, you can add a bit of garlic powder.
Veggies – Throw in some some bell peppers, dill pickles, frozen peas or corn for extra color and crunch. Garnish with sliced green onions or olives.
If you love recipes that are packed full of pasta and flavor then next time give this BLT Pasta Salad recipe at try.
Storage / Freezing
Leftovers – Place the salad in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing – This recipe does not freeze well due to the nature of the ingredients. It’s best enjoyed fresh!
For best results, make sure that you boil your eggs until they are completely hard boiled. You need the yolks to be firm so that they mash well for the dressing.
Yes, this is one of those recipes that tastes even better when it has a chance to marinate in the fridge. You can make this salad up to 24 hours ahead and store it in an airtight container until you are ready to serve.
I like to garnish it with paprika, or chives and fresh parsley for a pop of color.
Paprika is mild and sweet, while smoked paprika has a smoky flavor due to the peppers being smoked before they are ground. Both types can be used in this recipe with great results.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Other Egg Recipes
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Deviled Egg Pasta Salad:
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- 10 Eggs Hard Boiled
- 1 lb Elbow Macaroni
- 3 tbsp Mustard
- 1 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet Relish
- 1 cup Red Onion, diced
- 3 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package instructions.
- Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half, placing yolks in a medium bowl.
- Chop egg whites into pieces. Repeat for all eggs. Set chopped egg whites aside,
- Mash yolks until fully broken up.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and relish. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place pasta, egg whites, celery and onion. Stir to combine.
- Add yolk mixture to bowl and stir until blended.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.