BLT pasta salad combines classic sandwich flavors with tender pasta for a filling meal. Make this recipe today for an easy dinner or potluck dish!
Pasta salad is the perfect summertime meal because it’s easy to make, doesn’t heat up your kitchen, and it can be made ahead of time.
Just boil some noodles, mix them with a variety of fresh ingredients, and toss with a simple dressing for extra flavor.
This particular recipe is inspired by the popular BLT sandwich, which stands for bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
What makes this dish stand out is the creamy dressing that coats every bite. Plus, it has a bit of a kick from an extra dash of hot sauce.
How to make BLT pasta salad
- Pasta, cooked and drained
- Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Red onion, diced
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Ranch dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Pasta: Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain. Let the pasta cool before combining with the other ingredients.
- Bacon: It’s easiest to chop the strips into small pieces and cook them in a pan on the stove until crispy. Drain on a plate lined with a paper towel to remove any excess grease.
- Shredded cheese: Always buy fresh and shred your own – bagged shreds have a preservative that gives them an unpleasant waxy texture.
- Farfalle (bowtie)
- Pasta – Try using cheese-filled tortellini, gluten-free pasta, or even veggie-based noodles.
- Lettuce – You can easily replace this with iceberg, green leaf lettuce, or baby spinach.
- More protein – Make this meal even heartier by mixing in cooked chicken or shrimp.
- Add more green – Avocado, green onion, or bell pepper would taste great in this dish. Mix in the avocado just before serving, otherwise it will start to brown.
- Different cheeses – Substitute the cheddar with Swiss, Monterey Jack, or Parmesan.
- Extra crunch – If you’re missing the bread, add some of your favorite croutons.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 2 cup Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 1/2 medium Red Onion diced
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 10 oz Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Ranch
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 12 slices Bacon cooked and chopped
- 12 oz Pasta cooked and drained
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, onion, pasta, bacon, tomatoes and cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together ranch, mayonnaise and hot sauce.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to large bowl and toss to coat.