Breakfast pizza with bacon, eggs, and cheese is a delicious weekend brunch idea or breakfast for dinner. Making this easy pizza recipe takes just 25 minutes!
The Daily Breakfast Struggle
If getting your family to eat a nutritious breakfast in the morning is challenging, you are not alone.
For many families, the morning is the busiest time of day. With everyone rushing to get ready for school or work, sitting down to eat a decent breakfast is usually the last thing on the to-do list.
The problem is, our bodies need fuel to keep them running, especially in the morning. Sure, you can make a quick smoothie or eat some yogurt, but a breakfast pizza with bacon, eggs, and cheese is a better solution!
The pizza fills you up, and keeps you full longer. As a result, you won’t be craving something else to eat two hours later.
Is breakfast pizza healthy?
Thanks to the eggs and bacon, our breakfast pizza has plenty of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Also, the cheese offers a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
Plus, the pizza is downright delicious, and it’s easy to grab and go, too.
How to make the recipe healthier
If you would like to make your pizza a little healthier, consider making some or all of these ingredient substitutions:
- Pizza crust– Use a whole grain pizza crust or for a low carb option, consider cauliflower pizza crust, or a “fat dough” crust.
- Cheese– Rather than American cheese, consider using a lower fat cheese, such as provolone or Mozzarella. The bonus is, both of these cheeses melt well, too.
- Bacon– To reduce cholesterol in your breakfast pizza, you can use Canadian ham instead of bacon.
- Veggies– Skip the meat and make this a vegetarian pizza recipe! Top your pizza with veggies instead. Good veggies for breakfast include tomatoes, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
Ingredients for this pizza recipe
- Milk– I use 2 percent, but any variety of milk or nut milk will work just fine.
- Bacon– cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- Pizza Dough– 1 batch of homemade pizza dough, or you can buy it from the store.
- Olive Oil
- American Cheese
- Veggies– These are optional, but a little red bell pepper and onion will offer extra flavor and nutrients to the pizza.
How to make the breakfast pizza
For the complete instructions and ingredient amounts to make this pizza recipe, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Prepare the egg mixture. Crack your eggs into a bowl, add the milk, and whisk the mixture to combine.
- Scramble the eggs in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, then set them aside while you prepare the crust.
- Place pizza dough onto a baking pan. You’ll want to press the dough or use a small rolling pin to flatten the dough so that it reaches the edges of pizza pan.
- Place cheese slices on top of the crust. If your cheese slices are square, use a knife to cut them in half diagonally. As a result, they will be easier to fit over the entire surface of the crust.
- Place the scrambled eggs in an even layer over the cheese.
- Add cooked bacon pieces to the top of the breakfast pizza. If you want to add any veggies, cook them in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to soften
- Bake, slice, and serve!
Storing and reheating instructions
Wrap any leftover pizza in plastic wrap or use a food storage container. Store the pizza in the refrigerator and eat it within 5 days.
You can reheat slices of breakfast pizza by microwaving on medium power (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes. Or, place a non-stick skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add pizza slices and cook until toppings are warm and the crust is crispy, about 5 minutes.
Other easy breakfast ideas
I hope you enjoy this pizza recipe. It’s a really easy breakfast idea, and I bet your entire family will love it!
- 8 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 8 slices Bacon cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Pizza Dough 11-14 oz Homemade or Store Bought
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 slices American Cheese
- 1/2 Onion diced (optional)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced (optional)
- Whisk together eggs and milk until blended.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook egg mixture, stirring frequently, until eggs are set and no liquid egg liquid remains.
- Remove from heat.
- If you are adding eggs or peppers, cook them in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Stretch pizza dough to cover pizza pan.
- Use 5 slices of cheese cut diagonally into triangles to cover crust.
- Cover cheese layer with an even layer of eggs.
- Cover egg layer with bacon (and oni0ns and peppers) evenly.
- Cut remaining cheese into smaller triangles and cover pizza.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.