Pineapple Bars are so easy to make. Grab a can of crushed pineapple along with some simple pantry ingredients to have a delicious topical flavored dessert!
Easy Pineapple Bars
What to make with crushed pineapple? These super-simple Pineapple Bars, of course. I typically make them or my 2 Ingredient Pineapple Cake when I need a quick summer dessert.
Pineapple is a refreshing fruit, especially during the warm summer months. I love pineapple recipes, and these bars are one of our favorites to make for summer BBQ”s. Whip up a batch. Your family will enjoy them too!
Since I add on a sweet pineapple glaze, there are refreshing pineapple flavors in every bite of these bars. I would call them soft and slightly cakey, a tiny bit gooey, and oh so TASTY!
Making these bars is so simple. You can have them ready to serve in less than an hour. I find them perfect for summer BBQ’s. Light and refreshing desserts are always best during the warm weather months.
I have not tried to make these dessert bars with fresh pineapple. And, I have not tried to freeze them but, I am sure it would work. They disappear quite quickly. Store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Ingredients for Pineapple Bars
- Crushed Pineapple (Extremely drained and patted dry)
- Confectioners Sugar
How to Make Pineapple Bars with Pineapple Glaze
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, grease a 9X9 baking dish. The next step is so important. Drain the crushed pineapple and reserve the juice.
Transfer the drained pineapple to a cheesecloth or paper towels and squeeze as much liquid as possible. Then set aside.
Next, add sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs to a large-sized mixing bowl. Beat until well blended
Now, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Then slowly add while beating the dry ingredients to the wet butter-sugar mixture
You will now add the pineapple. With a spatula, mix until well blended. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
Bake the bars for 25-30 minutes. They will be ready to remove from the oven when a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. They will be slightly gooey before cooling. If your bars are extremely gooey, you did not remove enough moisture from the pineapple. If this happens, cover with aluminum foil and bake longer.
After removing from the oven, add confectioners sugar and reserved juice for bars. Stir until combined. After they have cooled for 10 minutes, drizzle with Pineapple Glaze.
Easy Pineapple Bars
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple drained (reserve juice)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 5 tsp reserved Pineapple Juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heavily grease a 9x9" pan. Set aside.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice. Transfer drained pineapple to cheese cloth and squeeze as much moisture as possible from pineapple. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Stir in drained pineapple
- Spread batter in prepared pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and pineapple juice until blended.
- Drizzle over bars and cut into squares.