If you are needing an easy and quick dinner idea consider whipping up a batch of Oven Tacos. Oven tacos are a very quick and easy meal that I know my family will consume every last drop of. They all love tacos. I noticed oven tacos somewhere on Pinterest awhile ago and really liked the concept. Corn shells loaded with meat, beans, tomato sauce and cheese all melted up into yumminess.
Easy Oven Tacos
Having the tacos shells loaded and cooked ahead of time really saved on time. Sometimes when everyone is in our kitchen trying to load up their tacos it can become overwhelming. Plus I could distribute the meat evenly so everyone had enough ha ha!
The meat has a chance to cook into the shell and makes it so the shell does not crack all over the place. A little soft but not to soft if you know what I mean. Keeping the shell from breaking is a BIG plus in our household. My one son refuse to eat a taco after his shell has broken into pieces (silly him).
The ingredients needed for your oven tacos are the same as any other taco night meal. Just grab your beef, beans, tomatoes, shells and taco fixings. Super Simple!
1 lb Ground Beef
5 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles- (you could use basic crushed tomatoes too)
8 oz Refried Beans
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 box Corn Taco Shells
8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomatoes,sour cream, etc.)
Brown and drain ground beef.
Add seasoning, beans, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water.
Mix well and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400.
Fill shells and arrange in 9×13″ baking dish.
Evenly distribute about half of the cheese over the tacos.
Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with toppings and remaining cheese.
Easy Oven Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 5 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 8 oz Refried Beans
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 box Corn Taco Shells
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Your favorite toppings lettuce, tomatoes,sour cream, etc.
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add seasoning, beans, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fill shells and arrange in 9x13" baking dish.
- Evenly distribute about half of the cheese over the tacos.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with toppings and remaining cheese.