Here you have it, S’mores Brownies! They have an irresistible combination of gooey marshmallows, with chewy brownies all a top a graham cracker crust. These delicious treats are easy to make and are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Homemade Brownies are always a big dessert favorite and- with summer just around the corner- people are going to be snacking on s’mores recipes soon enough too. If you want an easy dessert recipe made with simple ingredients that gives you the best of both worlds, then these easy S mores Chocolatey Brownies are the treat for you! They are so ridiculously easy to make with boxed brownie mix and graham cracker crumbs- two staple dessert ingredients- you’ll be able to make plenty of them.
Why you’ll love this S’more Brownie recipe
- We’ve used some a few staple premade ingredients to help make this brownie recipe easy and simple.
- S’mores and brownies are two classic desserts that just about everyone loves. Combined into this dessert mashup, they’re certain to be a crowd pleaser!
- Our Brownies look beautiful once they’re done. They’ve got this pretty toasted marshmallow top layer with some chocolate chips on top of that as well!
- Smores are always a favorite campfire treat. Make this easy brownie recipe instead of the traditional for less mess.
S more Brownies Ingredients
If you’re a big fan of baked desserts, you probably have all the ingredients you need for these Smore Brownies! If not, they’re easy to find at any grocery store or supermarket. Anyways, here’s what ingredients you need:
- Marshmallows – We’d recommend using only mini marshmallows for this recipe. You might be able to get away with normal-sized ones, but the mini marshmallows are going to melt quickly and easily.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – If you don’t have any of these, you can also just take some graham crackers and run them through a food processor. Don’t have a food processor? Get a plastic bag and a rolling pin!
- Brownie Mix – There’s all sorts of different boxed mix brands and flavors out there. We settled on this Duncan Hines brownie mix. Remember that you’ll also need the ingredients listed on your boxed brownie mix as well!
- Chocolate Chips
How to make Brownie Smores
These Smore Brownies are so easy to make- especially with that boxed brownie mix. Here’s all you’ll need to do to make this tasty dessert:
- In a large non-stick pot, melt butter over medium-low heat before stirring in 4 cups of mini marshmallows. Let melt, cut the heat, and then quickly stir in graham cracker crumbs before transferring to prepared baking pan. Press into even layer on bottom of pan before continuing.
- Prepare brownie mix according to box instructions. Spread or pour brownie batter evenly over graham cracker layer and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and switch to low broil.
- Top brownies with leftover marshmallows and put under broiler until starting to brown. Pull from oven, top with chocolate chips, and set under broiler for another minute. Slice the brownies into bars..
Missing some of these ingredients? We have a couple substitutions that might help you out:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – We’ve already covered crushing graham crackers by hand if you don’t have any on hand. If you don’t have graham crackers, check your cereal cabinet. You can also make these Brownies with Golden Grahams or Golden Crisp cereal if you’re in a pinch!
- Chocolate Chips – If you’re out of chocolate chips, you could use any sort of chocolate you have on hand. Just chop the chocolate down into bite-sized pieces and use just like you would use chocolate chips. You also don’t need a whole cup of chocolate chips if you’re low on them- they’re a topping and if you only have half a cup, it should still work out.
- Brownie Mix – You can use any variety store-bought mix. But, you can consider using your favorite homemade brownie recipe too! I have shared my favorite homemade brownie recipe that you can try too!
- Marshmallows – If you happen to be short on mini marshmallows, you could use marshmallow fluff to make the crust.
There’s also a couple other ways you can change things up with this recipe:
- Chocolate Chips – There’s all sorts of different chocolate chip flavors out there to pick from: white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, et cetera. Mix things up and try using a darker or a sweeter flavor the next time you make these S’mores Brownies up!
- Brownie Mix – You can also use a few tricks to make the brownie mix you’re using taste even better. You can sub out water for milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream, add in some extra flavor or extracts, or add an extra egg to make your brownies a little more cake-y.
For storing the finished S’more Brownie, we’d recommend transferring to an airtight container or bag and putting in them in the fridge. You could also wrap them in plastic wrap. Please try to enjoy within 5 days. For reheating, either warm back up in the oven or toss it into the microwave briefly.
We really recommend using nonstick cookware where necessary and using parchment in your baking pan to prevent the marshmallows from sticking to things. If you’re still concerned about the marshmallows, consider greasing your pan with something like shortening or non-cooking spray in addition to using the overhang parchment trick for easy removal and cleanup..
S’mores brownies are a super tasty dessert with the combination of graham crackers, chocolate fudge brownies, and marshmallows. They can be served at room temperature or slightly warm.
Yes, any store-bought brownie mix can be used.. Just make the brownies according to the package instructions.
S’mores brownies are perfect when they are served warm. Enjoy them fresh from the oven or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. Consider serving them with a scoop of ice cream, the combination of the hot and cold will be amazing!
Other S’mores Recipes
Looking for other S’mores recipes recipes like this? Try these:
Other Brownie Recipes
These are some of the other fantastic brownie recipes that I have shared:
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 stick Butter
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows divided
- 4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 box Brownie Mix plus required ingredients
- Line a 9×13″ baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick pot over medium-low heat (note: I did not use non-stick and the mixture wanted to stick to the pan).
- Add 4 cups of mini marshmallow and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and work quickly to incorporate and then transfer to bottom of prepared pan.
- Press mixture into an even layer on the bottom.
- Prepare brownie batter according to box directions.
- Spread brownie batter evenly over gracham cracker layer.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and switch to low broil.
- Top brownies with the remaining marshmallows and place under the broiler until the just start to brown.
- Top with the chocolate chips and return to the broiler for another minute.