This Banana Split Lush Dessert has all the flavors of a delicious banana split and is no bake. Perfect for serving a crowd at your summer picnics and bbq’s.
Banana Split Lush
I am a HUGE fan of banana splits. This super simple dessert combines banana, pineapple, strawberry, and chocolate. So totally yummy.
I started with a chocolate graham cracker crust, a layer of banana and pineapple filling, and topped it with strawberries and bananas. I then finished it off with whipped topping, peanuts, and of course I didn’t forget the cherries.
Summertime is always about all the fun cold treat desserts. I have shared so many ice cream and refreshing cold treats here on my blog. I also shared my yummy Banana Split Bites over on my small blog OurFamilyofSeven.
This summer, we plan to spend quite a bit of family time on our patio. Last summer, we didn’t get as much time outdoors. I am looking forward to getting the baby out in his pool and doing tons of BBQing. Chilling in the hot sun can be so relaxing sometimes.
I know I will be making this Banana Split Lush Dessert MANY times this summer. I like that I can make it ahead of time. It will be ready to enjoy when we are ready to cool off with a cold dessert.
I think it will be great for one of our first summer get togethers with friends and family too. It is perfect for serving a crowd.
Do not let the ingredient list scare you on this one. The dessert is so simple, no bake, and comes together so easily. I did not add the chocolate syrup to my lush. I plan to add a slight drizzle right before serving. The chocolate syrup can be very over powering and you will lose all the other great flavors in the dessert.
1 stick Butter, melted
6 tbsp Sugar
3 cup crushed Chocolate Graham Crackers
8 oz softened Cream Cheese
1 small pkg Instant Banana Pudding
2 cup Milk
16 oz Cool Whip
16 oz Strawberries, hulled and diced
4 Bananas, sliced
20 oz can Crushed Pineapples, drained
Crushed Peanuts for garnish
Maraschino Cherries for garnish
Blend melted butter, graham crackers and sugar together and press into bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Place in freezer for 1 hour.
Whisk together pudding mix and milk until it starts to thicken.
Add cream cheese to pudding mixture and beat until well blended.
Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip.
Spread mixture over graham cracker crust and return to freezer for 15 minutes.
Add rows of sliced bananas, crushed pineapple and diced strawberries over cream cheese mixture.
Top with remaining 8 oz of Cool Whip.
Garnish with crush peanuts and cherries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: I did freeze my dessert. I then pulled it from the freezer about 1 hour before serving. I like to freeze so I can see if my cold desserts work when transporting during the summer months.
Do you have a favorite no bake summer dessert that you make for your family?
Banana Split Lush
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 3 cup crushed Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 1 small pkg Instant Banana Pudding
- 2 cup Milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 16 oz Strawberries hulled and diced
- 4 Bananas sliced
- 20 oz can Crushed Pineapples drained
- Crushed Peanuts for garnish
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- Blend melted butter, graham crackers and sugar together and press into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk until it starts to thicken.
- Add cream cheese to pudding mixture and beat until well blended.
- Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture over graham cracker crust and return to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add rows of sliced bananas, crushed pineapple and diced strawberries over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining 8 oz of Cool Whip.
- Garnish with crush peanuts and cherries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Be sure to see these other summer desserts that I have shared…