This No Bake Peppermint Layered Lush dessert will be perfect for holiday parties. It starts with a simple Oreo cookie crust, a creamy cream cheese layer, a dreamy peppermint white chocolate layer, and topped with whipped topping. It’s pretty and delicious!
No Bake Peppermint Layered Lush
Peppermint drinks and desserts are so good. During the holiday season, we like to make No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake, White Chocolate Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, and this amazing Peppermint Layered Lush.
No bake recipes are so easy. Making desserts ahead of time for Christmas dessert is always a must for our family. The holidays can be so hectic.
No Bake Peppermint Layered Lush is simple to make, so it is a perfect make-ahead dessert. You can whip it up and have it ready to serve when needed. Make it for Christmas dessert or a holiday party.
We make our Peppermint Lush in a 9X13 pan or baking dish. So, it is enough to serve a crowd. Peppermint lovers will be gobbling it up!
The layers are simple. The oreo crust is crushed cookies and butter. It’s placed in the freezer to set and does not require time in the oven. So very simple!
For the white layer, we use peppermint blended cream cheese with a bit of sweet. Creamy cream cheese, along with peppermint and sugar, is so delicious. The layer keeps its white color, which has a contrast between the dark cookie and the upcoming pink peppermint.
The pink layer is white chocolate pudding, peppermint, mini chocolate chips, whipped topping, and a couple of drops of red food coloring. It’s so easy to make. The flavor combination is PERFECT!
The final layer is whipped topping and garnish. I add chopped white chocolate peppermint kisses. Sprinkles or candies would also be great for making the dessert look pretty. They are not needed, but they dress the final layer.
Ingredients to Make Peppermint Lush
- Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- Peppermint Extract
- White Chocolate Pudding
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cool Whip
- Red Food Coloring
How to Make Peppermint Lush
First, you will want to grease the baking dish or pan heavily. The grease keeps the dessert from sticking. Next, crush the cookies in a food processor or zippered bag. There is no need to remove the filling from the cookies.
Then add the melted butter to the crushed cookies and mix well. Place the mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan and press. I use a measuring cup to push the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to add cookie crumbs to the sides of the pan. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to set up.
In a medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat until creamy with a hand mixer. Now, add the sugar and peppermint and beat again until blended. Spread on top of cookie crust and refrigerate when preparing the next layer.
In a large bowl, add the pudding and milk. Whisk or beat with a hand mixer until thick. Blend in the food coloring and peppermint. Then fold in the whipped topping and mini chocolate chips.
Spread over the cream cheese layer. Note, the pudding layer will not be real thick. The Peppermint Lush is a loose dessert; it will not be stiff when removing from the pan. If you prefer the pieces to be more stable, freeze the dessert. It is super tasty when frozen too.
Finally, top with Cool Whip. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- 14 oz Oreos
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar divided
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 3 tsp Peppermint Extract divided
- 2 packages 3.4 oz White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 3 1/2 cup Milk
- Red Food Coloring
- 12 oz Whipped Topping divided
- 2 cup Mini CHocolate Chips
- 30 Peppermint Hershey Kisses chopped
- Heavily grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Pulse Oreos in food processor until completely crushed.
- Add melted butter and 1/4 cup Sugar. Pulse to incorporate.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream cheese until creamy.
- Add remaining sugar and 1 teaspoon of peppermint. Beat until incorporated.
- Evenly spread mixture on crust and refrigerate while you make next layer.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Beat until thickened.
- Add in food coloring and 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract. Beat until blended.
- Fold in whipped topping and chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Carefully spread this mixture over first layer.
- Spread remaining 8 oz of whipped topping over this layer.
- Garnish top with chopped Hershey Kisses.
- Refrigerate overnight (at least 5-6 hours) before serving.