White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are a rich, creamy sweet that’s great for gifts. We know you’ll love this easy to make holiday candy!
Truffles are some of my favorite holiday candies, and these Peppermint Chocolate Truffles might be one of the best. For more peppermint recipes, check out our No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake and No Churn Peppermint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
With the holiday season upon us, I’ve been getting back into making all sorts of Christmas and holiday candy recipes! If you’ve looked through the site, you’ll know that I’ve made all sorts of sweets and treats in the past- ’tis the season, after all. Holiday candies are great for giving out as candy gifts, party favors during any sort of Christmas or holiday party you might be hosting, or just for snacking on during the season. Some of my favorite candy recipes to make are truffles, and these White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles might be one of my new go-tos!
If you’ve never had anything like a chocolate truffle before, they’re tasty chocolate treat with a creamy inside and a crisp chocolate shell. They’re real big during the holiday season and they make for an easy gift idea or stocking stuffer! You could go with store-bought truffles, but making them homemade with our Peppermint Chocolate Truffle recipe is so easy.
Making the truffle filling is very simple, but you might be worried about that chocolate shell. Are we going to have to temper chocolate and go through all that hassle? No. Instead, we’re going to use one of my favorite dessert hacks: CandiQuik. Using a easy candy coating like this is going to make this recipe a breeze and pretty much stress-free!
Enjoyed our recipe for Peppermint Truffles? Try these holiday candy recipes!
If you’re in the mood for even more truffles, we also love to make our Oreo Truffles. Because we’re using cream cheese, we can cut down on the ingredients and completely take the stovetop out of the recipe! So easy to make and you can have them done in less than an hour if you’re fast enough.
Another classic holiday candy that you can make at home are Chocolate Covered Cherries. Except for one special ingredient(Invertase), you probably have all the ingredients you need for this recipe. This recipe takes a little bit of extra prep and waiting but it’s all worth it in the end- these taste amazing!
For an easy candy recipe that’s dead simple to make, go with our Easy Crockpot Candy. Crockpots can make all sorts of delicious sides, soups, and stews but they can also make this tasty chocolate and peanut candy recipe! Prep is as simple as carefully melting down some chocolates, stirring in some peanuts, scooping out portions, and enjoying.
Ingredients for Peppermint Truffles
White Chocolate, finely chopped
Heavy Whipping Cream
Candy Coating – You could carefully melt and temper some chocolate yourself… or just use some CandiQuik!
Candy Canes, crushed – For decorating and garnishing our peppermint truffles.
How to make Mint Chocolate Truffles
The first thing we need to do is make our peppermint chocolate truffle filling. To start on that, first put your heavy cream into saucepan or pot and put it on the stovetop over low heat.
Let your cream sit over the flame until it just starts to boil. Cut the heat and add in your white chocolate. Let that sit in the cream for a minute or two before whisking it in until nice and smooth.
Along with some butter, add in the peppermint extract. Mix well until you get a smooth, consistent mixture.
Pour the filling into a bowl and let cool before covering with plastic wrap and letting chill in the fridge for a couple hours. Once firm, scoop out about a tablespoon of peppermint truffle filling and roll into a ball in your hands- repeat with rest. Get your CandiQuik melted and use a fork to drop your truffles into the candy coating.
Roll the truffles around to ensure a nice even coating and use the fork to lift the truffles back out.
Set your coated truffles on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with some of the crushed candy cane topping. Allow to cool at room temperature until set.
For White Peppermint Chocolate Truffles, just use the exact same recipe but sub in some white chocolate CandyQuik or candy coating instead. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz White Chocolate finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter cubed and softened
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 4 oz CandiQuik Chocolate or White
- 3 Candy Canes crushed
- Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan over low heat until it just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate.
- Allow to sit for 2 minutes to let chocolate begin to melt.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add the butter and peppermint extract and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Measure about 2 teaspoons of the chilled filling and roll between your hands to form a ball and place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt CandiQuik in microwave by heating for 30 seconds and then stirring and repeating until melted.
- Use a fork to drop your truffles into the candy coating.
- Roll the truffles around to ensure a nice even coating and use the fork to lift the truffles back out.
- Place the dipped truffles back onto the baking sheets and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Let truffles sit at room temperature until set, about 1 hour.