Cake Mix Cookies are so easy to make. These Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are full of flavor. We added in white chocolate chips but, you can add whichever mix-ins you prefer like sprinkles, M&M’s, dark chips, and more!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
There are endless options of flavors when making Cake Mix Cookies. My favorite combination is these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with chocolate chips. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day or great for a summer BBQ.
Making strawberry cookies from a cake mix is so incredibly easy; even the kids can mix and shape them. With just the mix along with baking soda, eggs, and oil, it creates a pretty darn good cookie recipe. Sure, from-scratch cookies are great when time is not an issue. But, sometimes, we need a quick and easy cookie recipe.
Cake Mix Cookies are soft and chewy and oh so tasty! Make a batch for your next potluck or office party. I love to dip the Strawberry version in milk, give it a try!
What Kind of Cake Mix is Best for Perfect Cake Mix Cookies?
I like to use Duncan Hines. The version without pudding in the mix is best! Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, and store brand will work too!
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Use parchment paper or a silicone baking liner for the Best Cake Mix Cookies. The layer keeps the cookies from sticking. It will also keep your cookies from browning.
Mix the cookie dough by hand with a spatula. There is no need for a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Mixing by hand is best. Over mixing the batter can make for a tough cookie.
Consider using red and white-colored M&M’s for these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies. They would add tons of color too! Milk chocolate chips or even a dark chocolate chip would taste wonderful with the strawberry flavor.
Do not use fresh strawberries with this Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie recipe. Fruit will add additional liquid and would throw off the ratio of liquid to dry ingredients.
Ingredients to Make The Best Cake Mix Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Start with preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs with the vanilla and oil. You will then set this aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cake mix and the baking powder.
- Now, add the egg mixture to the cake mix mixture. Stir until no lumps are visible. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add your mix-ins and fold them in.
- Form heaping tablespoon-sized balls and place them on prepared pan.
Bake for about 10 minutes. Watch the cookies closely. You will want to pull them from the oven before you see browning occurring. They may look a little underbaked but will continue to cook after removing.
How long do Cake Mix Cookies Last?
If stored in an air-tight container or zippered bag, the cookies will last for about a week. After that, they become a bit stale. So, if you need to keep them fresh for longer, consider keeping them in the freezer.
Can You Freeze Cake Mix Cookies?
Sure, if you prefer to make these cookies ahead of time, place them in an air-tight storage container or freezer bag after they have cooled. After frozen, they should last for a few weeks.
Consider some of these other Cake Mix Cookie Recipes that I have shared:
Are you looking for a great from scratch strawberry cookie recipe? Alyssa’s Strawberry Cookies are great when time is not an issue.
I initially added this post to my blog on January 2, 2014. I have now updated with some fresh images and tips.
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme.
- 1 tsp Baking Powder.
- 2 Eggs.
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup White Chocolate Chips.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper (the paper will keep your cookies from spreading).
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, oil and vanilla Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together cake mix and baking powder.
- Add egg mixture to cake mixture and stir all together until all the dry cake mix lumps disappear.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Drop round (about 1 1ablespoon) balls onto baking sheet. You will want your balls to be taller and less wide.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Be careful to not allow for browning.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to wire rack.