These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes are perfect for all of you that are fans of peanut butter and chocolate. We start with a simple chocolate cupcake stuffed with a Reese’s Miniature then topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
When Halloween came and went, I had a bunch of Reese’s Miniature candies leftover. Not quite as many trick-or treaters this past year. What was a girl to do? I made a yummy No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake. And I also made these super simple Reese’s in the middle cupcakes. I meant to share these cupcakes with you in November and got very busy with the holidays. So they are now finally getting put on the blog.
Since I used a cake mix that I had on hand, these are super simple. Cake mixes can really speed up the process when I am just needing to make a quick dessert. I made a super yummy peanut butter icing to put on top.
I added a Reese’s miniature into the bottom of each cupcake, baked, iced, and then topped with some chopped Reese’s. So cute and so yummy. Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together:)
Grab yourself a cake mix, peanut butter, butter, and some Reese’s candy. You could also use full sized Reese’s cups but it could get a bit pricey. I remember the days when candy bars were only $0.25 each, now they are like $1.25 if you are purchasing at full price. YIKES!
1 box Chocolate Cake Mix (+ Box Ingredients)
32 unwrapped Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup softened Butter
1 cup Peanut Butter
3 tbsp Milk
2 cup Powdered Sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
Prepare batter according to box directions.
Fill liners about 1/2 full with batter.
Place a Reese’s into each and gently press in place.
Bake 15-18 minutes.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
Slowly adding in the sugar,it gets too thick then adding a little milk to thin.
Continue until all of the sugar is in and the frosting blended and right consistency.
Transfer to piping bag and pipe onto each cupcake.
Chop up remaining peanut butter cups or use chocolate syrup to garnish cupcakes.
Do you have a favorite Reese’s dessert?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix + Box Ingredients
- 32 unwrapped Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Fill liners about 1/2 full with batter.
- Place a Reese's into each and gently press in place.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Slowly adding in the sugar,it gets too thick then adding a little milk to thin.
- Continue until all of the sugar is in and the frosting blended and right consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag and pipe onto each cupcake.
- Chop up remaining peanut butter cups or use chocolate syrup to garnish cupcakes.
Looking for other peanut butter desserts? Check out these other recipes that I have shared…