This Peppermint Cream Cheese Candy is so good! The delicious sweet peppermint-flavored cream cheese is molded and then filled with a rich chocolate ganache. Gift them for Christmas or serve them for dessert.
Peppermint Treats are some of my favorite recipes to make during the holiday season. It’s fun to make Peppermint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. It’s a great dessert to enjoy during Hallmark movie binge-watching.
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is also one of the delicious desserts we make for the holidays. It is both stunning and so tasty. It’s perfect for serving for Christmas dessert.
I enjoy making Christmas Candy and cookies during the holidays. Last year, I added these tiny Peppermint Cream Cheese Candies to our baking list. My recipe is inspired by a fellow blogger’s recipe, Mom on Time Out. Her mint buttons were cute so, we made a peppermint version that is perfect for Christmas.
If you have never tried Cream Cheese Candy, now is the time. It’s as simple as making a peppermint sweetened cream cheese, forming into small balls, and giving the ball a thumbprint. Then, we fill with an easy to chocolate ganache.
This recipe makes a HUGE batch of candy, so it is excellent for gifting. I yielded about 5 dozen Peppermint Cream Cheese Candy pieces. So, this is a very inexpensive Christmas candy to gift.
The sweet peppermint cream cheese and chocolate pair perfectly together. The candy will melt in your mouth. Most everyone will be asking for the recipe because they are unique and addicting.
The Peppermint Cream Cheese Candy should be kept in the refrigerator. So, if gifting, you will need to mention it to the receiver. They are fine at room temperature for a few hours or so, but it’s best to keep them covered and chilled.
I used the ganache recipe from my fellow blogger to fill the candies last year. It’s a great addition to these cream cheese candies. But, this Christmas, I plan to use red and green M&Ms and also Hershey Kisses (chocolate and peppermint flavored). I think they will be a cute addition.
Ingredients to Make Peppermint Cream Cheese Candy
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Extract
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Peppermint Cream Cheese Candy
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, be sure your cream cheese is soft but not runny. Then, add it to a large mixing bowl. Beat it with a hand or stand mixer until creamy. Add the peppermint and one cup of sugar beat until combined.
Gradually add the remaining sugar one cup at a time. Beat in each is blended before adding the next.
If the mixture is still to wet, add additional sugar.
Form into small balls. Mine were about 3/4 – 1 inch in size. Then, place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Using your thumb or a measuring spoon place indents at the top of the candies. Then refrigerate for one hour.
Now, add the chips and heavy whipping cream to a small bowl.
Microwave with 30-second intervals until chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool and thicken a bit.
Then, fill the dents with chocolate. I like to add the melted chocolate to a zippered bag with the corner cut off. There will be less mess if you use this method too! Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Peppermint Cream Cheese Candy
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 4 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese to large bowl and until creamy.
- Add peppermint extract and 1 cup of powdered sugar snd beat until combined.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing each until combined (scrape down sides of the bowl as needed).
- Form into 3/4 - 1" balls and place on prepared sheet.
- Use your thumb to place indents in each ball.
- Chill for 1 hour until firm.
- Place chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 70 seconds.
- Whisk until fully combined.
- Allow to cool until just warm and slightly thickened.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a zippered bag and seal.
- Clip corner of bag and gently fill each indent with chocolate mixture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator.