Just a few simple ingredients are needed to make these No Bake Caramel Apple Lush Bars. This layered dessert has a graham cracker crust, sweet cheesecake filling, then caramel-flavored pudding and a whipped topping.
No Bake Caramel Apple Lush Bars
It’s apple season! Fall has officially arrived. Apple desserts are some of our favorites when cooler weather comes. Apple Dumplings and Apple Cobbler are the BEST when we are craving warm apple desserts. But, quick and easy Caramel Apple Lush Bars are a great no-bake option that is chilled.
Lush Bars are simply a layered dessert that some often call a dessert lasagna. Both are a crust with layers of deliciousness. My Pumpkin Lush Bars require a little bit of baking, but these Caramel Apple Lush Bars require none because they use a simple graham cracker crust.
The sweet cream cheese layer is so quick. It only combines softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. It’s just sweetened cream cheese like a cheesecake.
For the pudding layer, I combined caramel with an Instant Butterscotch Pudding. The flavor profile is great and sets well. I considered making a Homemade Butterscotch Pudding that I found over on Sally’s Baking Addiction. But, I decided to keep the recipe as simple as possible.
Caramel and apple pair so well together. For the apple layer, Homemade Apple Pie Filling or store-bought work great. I placed the apples on top of the pudding. You could also mix them with the pudding before layering.
Ingredients to make No Bake Caramel Apple Lush Bars
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Apple Pie Filling
- Cream Cheese
- Butterscotch Instant Pudding
- Caramel Topping
How to Make Caramel Apple Lush Bars
First, the graham cracker crust needs preparing. You will need to combine the crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press the mixture into an 8X8 baking dish. Then, refrigerate for about 30 mins. It will set very quickly.
Next, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar. Be sure the mixture is smooth.
Then, spread the thick layer on the top of the prepared crust.
Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. The pudding will set very quickly. Then, add the caramel topping. Store-bought or Homemade Caramel Topping will be equally as tasty!
Add the pudding mixture to the top of the cream cheese layer.
Next, dice the apple pie filling. I find the smaller pieces of apple to work best for this layered apple dessert.
Add the prepared apples evenly to the pudding layer.
Finally, top with Cool-Whip or homemade whipping cream.
Feel free to add chopped nuts or drizzled caramel on the top to make the dessert fancier. I prefer peanuts like a caramel apple.
Refrigerate and then slice into bars before serving.
No Bake Caramel Apple Lush Bars
- 1 1/2 cup crushed Graham Crackers
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 3.4 ounce pkg Butterscotch Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold Milk
- 1/3 cup Caramel topping
- 21 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup chopped Nuts optional
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 8x8" baking dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Spread mixture evenly over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix with the cold milk and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in caramel topping.
- Spread mixture evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Spread pie filling evenly over pudding layer.
- Spread Cool Whip evenly over pie filling.
- Optionally, sprinkle top with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.