Pineapple Salad is light and refreshing. You can make this fluffy version quickly with just a few ingredients. Make it for a side dish or dessert.
Quick and easy dessert salads are some of my favorites. I often make Cherry Salad, Watergate Salad, or this delicious and light Pineapple Salad. I like to serve it as a side dish with a ham dinner, especially Easter.
Pineapple Salad is a classic dessert that you may have seen at a potluck in the past. You may or may not have given it a try. If you have yet to, I highly suggest giving it go. It is light like a mouse but a bit more filling.
We use Vanilla pudding, mini marshmallows, coconut, pineapple, and Cool-Whip topping. I sometimes like to add chopped pecans and chopped maraschino cherry pieces on top, but they are not necessary.
Can I Make Pineapple Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes, it’s best to make the salad at least 5 hours ahead of time. Chilling is necessary for all of the flavors to come together.
Fluffy Salad with Pineapple Ingredients
- Pineapple – A can of crushed pineapple works best. I have never made the salad with fresh pineapple.
- Pudding – Instant vanilla pudding is quick and easy. Plus, it adds flavor.
- Marshmallows – Mini version adds some sweetness and texture.
- Coconut – Adds a tropical flair and sweetness.
- Whipped Topping – Cool Whip adds the fluffy texture.
- Pecans – Gives a bit of crunch and flavor but are not necessary.
- Cherries – Optional but adds color and great for garnishing.
How to Make Pineapple Salad Recipe
First, in a large bowl, add the dry vanilla pudding mix. Drain pineapple juice into the bowl and whisk until well blended.
Next, add the drained pineapple, marshmallows, pecans, and coconut. Mix until combined.
Now fold in the Cool Whip whipped topping until combined.
Garnish with chopped maraschino cherries and a slice of pineapple if you would like. Refrigerate for at least five hours before serving.
Pineapple Fluff Salad
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple 20 oz
- Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- 8 oz Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- Maraschino Cherries optional
- Put pudding mix in a medium bowl.
- Drain pineapple juice from can into pudding mix. Set pineapple aside.
- Whisk pudding until blended.
- Add pineapple, coconut, marshmallows amd nuts. Stir until blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- For extra color, garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Chill for at least 5hours before serving.