Creamy Orange Fruit Salad is packed with orange flavor, fruit and is so easy to make. We use mandarin oranges and pineapple and toss them in a delicious orange yogurt dressing. It’s a perfect summer salad to serve at your next BBQ or potluck.
Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
Creamy Fruit salads like my Strawberry and Banana and Grape Salad are always popular with my family and friends. This Creamy Orange Fruit Salad is also one of our favorites. Go ahead and make it, I am sure you love it too!
I use usually use canned mandarin oranges for this fruit salad recipe because I often have them in my pantry. Feel free to use fresh oranges if you have them on hand. They will work too!
Canned pineapple works great for this salad. It’s extremely important to drain them real well. If you skip this step you will have an extremely wet and not so creamy fruit salad. Fresh pineapple works great, I have used it with this recipe a few times.
For the creaminess, you will combine instant vanilla pudding along with an orange flavored yogurt. Check your larger grocery stores to locate the orange variety. There were a couple of different brands available to choose from. I like the Yoplait brand so, that is what I chose.
This creamy orange fruit salad can be made with additional mix-ins if you would like. Consider adding:
Ingredients to Make Creamy Fruit Salad
- Mandarin Oranges
- Pineapple Chunks
- Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Orange Yogurt
How to Make Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
First, add the instant pudding and milk to a large mixing bowl. Then, mix the mixture with a whisk until combined.
Now add the orange yogurt and combine well.
Finally, fold in the fruit.
Tips for making the Best Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
- After draining the oranges, pat them dry.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple and pat dry.
- If you can not locate orange-flavored yogurt, use vanilla yogurt and add about one teaspoon of orange extract to achieve the best flavor.
- If you have leftovers, cover and refrigerate. The salad will only hold for about a day or two.
Fruit salads are great when warm weather hits. Take them to a potluck, party or pack them in your lunches. I find them to always be very kid-friendly.
Creamy Orange Salad
- 1 cup Milk
- 3.4 oz box Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
- 12 oz Orange Creme Yogurt
- 20 oz Pineapple Chunks drained and patted dry
- 22 oz Mandarin Oranges drained and patted dry
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix.
- Whisk until blended.
- Add yogurt and whisk to combine.
- Add fruit and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.