These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are full of chocolate, cherries, and chocolate chips. Make them for a Christmas cookie or for any time of the year. They are delicious!
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s the holiday season, which means many of us will be making lots of cookie recipes. If you ask me, the holidays are all about cookies and candy. I typically make Traditional Spritz Cookies and our favorite Peanut Butter Blossoms.
This past week I was experimenting with a few new cookies recipes that were passed on to me from friends. This Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie was one of my favorites. My family loved them too! Lots of chocolate, maraschino cherries, and chocolate chips.
They are both soft and chewy at the same time! We polished off a batch all in one day. We have a large family but, when a cookie disappears that quickly, I knew they were a hit.
Cherries and chocolate pair so well together. The chocolate cookie dough and the chocolate chips with cherries are a perfect mix. I know they will be a fantastic addition to our cookie trays during the holidays.
Do you need a good cookie recipe for a cookie exchange? Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are a great cookie idea. Everyone will love them!
Ingredients to Make Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Baking Cocoa
- Chocolate Chips
- Maraschino Cherries
How to Make Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
Next, add the butter and brown sugar to a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
Now, gradually add the flour mixture to egg and sugar mixture. Continue using a hand mixer to combine.
With a spatula, mix in the chocolate chips and the cherries.
Using a cookie scoop or hands, form into small 1 inch balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Slightly push down on the dough balls. Then, add additional chocolate chips and chopped cherries.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will spread slightly.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries drained & quartered
- 3/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture using mixer to incorporate.
- Reserve about 1/4 of the cherries and chocolate chips to top cookies.
- Add in the rest of the chopped cherries and chocolate chips, using a spatula to combine.
- Form into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly and top with reserved cherries and chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (cookies will spread slightly).
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet.