Here you have it, The Best Zucchini Bread. You will find it to be a classic recipe that results in a very moist and flavorful bread. So easy to make and perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any day.
The Best Zucchini Bread
If you have zucchini leftover from the garden, this Zucchini Bread recipe will be perfect for you. You can make multiple batches and place them in the freezer to serve during the holiday season. Or, consider baking some Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
I have tried many zucchini bread recipes over the years. My aunt made the best that was always my favorite, but, I have misplaced it over the years. I think this recipe I am sharing with you today will result in the Best Ever Zucchini Bread.
Simple quick bread recipes are always my favorite. I quite often make my Easy Banana Bread throughout the year. Sweetbreads are excellent for a quick breakfast, snack, or even for an additional holiday offering. This Classic Zucchini Bread recipe will quickly become one of your favorites.
Sure, savory bread always pairs well with many dinners but, nothing beats a moist and sweet bread. Go ahead and serve Zucchini Bread with coffee after dinner for dessert. This version is sweet but not overly sweet. The bread is actually quite healthy.
For holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always serve Zucchini Bread along with other homemade bread. Bread is comforting and nothing beats a slice or two with a few pats of butter. If we plan to have guests for our holiday dinner, I serve one loaf with nuts and another without.
Ingredients to make Zucchini Bread
- baking soda
How to make the Best Zucchini Bread
This recipe will result in two loaves. So, I always heavily grease and lightly flour my loaf pan before getting starting. Then shred the fresh zucchinis finely. Leave the skins on and use a box grater, it will work great. Do not squeeze any of the moisture from the grated zucchini.
Then, I add most of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. The ingredients needed for this step are flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Go ahead and whisk all of these ingredients well so they are well blended
The butter can then be melted quickly in the microwave. Set it aside and let it cool for a few minutes.
In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla and cooled melted butter. Give them a good mixing with a fork or whisk.
For the next step, I gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture with a whisk. Try not to over mix during this step.
With a spatula carefully mix the shredded zucchini with all of its moisture.
I added in crushed pecans. If you are not a fan of nut bread, you can omit them. Making the zucchini bread without nuts is always an option.
Finally, evenly divide the batter into each of the prepared loaf pans. We will bake the loaves of bread for about 50-60 minutes. I remove the zucchini bread from the oven when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
After the bread has cooled, slice and enjoy! If you prefer to freeze, be sure to see How to Freeze Zucchini Bread.
Tips for The Best Zucchini Bread:
- It’s best to use a lighter colored pan for Zucchini bread. A darker pan will result in a darker loaf. If you happen to notice, it getting dark during baking, cover with aluminum foil.
- There is no need to peel the zucchini, leave the green skins.
- DO NOT over mix. If overmixing, the bread will sink in the middle. Only mix until the ingredients are combined.
- It’s best to wait for the bread to completely cool before slicing. If slicing too early, you will find the bread not setting up properly.
- 3-4 medium Zucchini grated
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pecan pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, butter and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk to combine.
- Add zucchini and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in pecans until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing.