Even non-loving root beer peeps will love this Easy Root Beer Float Pie. Since you can use a store bought crust, you can have this pie chilling in your fridge/freezer in no time at all.
Easy Root Beer Float Pie
This pie is what I call amazing! I LOVE root beer floats during the summer months. Root beer flavored desserts are AWESOME too. I have shared our Root Beer Float Cupcakes with you in the past. Those cupcakes are great but like I said, this Root Beer Float pie is just so darn good!
I have a couple of kiddos who hate root beer. But when they tried this pie, they said the root beer flavor was not overwhelming. They really liked it too
Since root beer floats are a big summer thing…. This pie will be great for summer picnics and bbq’s. I plan to make this one for our July 4th party. I know it will be perfect.
I made our pie with our Homemade Nilla Wafer Pie Crust. This crust was perfect for the pie. If you are in a pinch, you could use a store bought graham cracker crust or a store bought Nilla Wafer Pie Crust (if your stores carry them). If you buy a store bought, there is no baking involved.
To make this pie, you will need store bought root beer concentrate or you can make your own root beer syrup like I did. It is so simple, you just boil down root beer until it is nice and thick. I know you can purchase concentrate at Walmart or you can buy McCormick’s Root Beer Concentrate right on Amazon. I have also purchased it at Menard’s.
You will also need some vanilla instant pudding and some Cool-Whip. I placed my pie in the freezer. I then removed the pie about 30-45 mins before serving and it was PERFECT!
This recipe can be made with homemade root beer syrup which is made by heating 2 liters of root beer in a saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally until volume is reduced to 1 cup (about 45 minutes).
1 Pie Crust(Graham Cracker or Homemade Nilla Wafer Crust)
1 3.0 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Root Beer
1/4 cup Homemade Root Beer Syrup (see above on how to make) or 3 tsp Root Beer Concentrate
8 oz Cool Whip
Optionally more Cool Whip and Maraschino Cherries for garnish
In a large bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix until blended.
Whisk in syrup and then root beer until blended.
Fold in cool whip until combined.
Spread mixture into pie crust.
Place in freezer until about 45 minutes before serving.
Garnish with dollops of whipped topping and cherries.
Do you have a favorite root beer dessert?
Easy Root Beer Float Pie
- This recipe can be made with homemade root beer syrup which is made by heating 2 liters of root beer in a saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally until volume is reduced to 1 cup about 45 minutes.
- 1 Pie Crust Graham Cracker or Homemade Nilla Wafer Pie Crust
- 1 3.0 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Root Beer
- 1/4 cup Homemade Root Beer Syrup or 3 tsp Root Beer Concentrate
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Optionally more Cool Whip and Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix until blended.
- Whisk in syrup and then root beer until blended.
- Fold in cool whip until combined.
- Spread mixture into pie crust.
- Place in freezer until about 45 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped topping and cherries.
Looking for other great summer pie recipes? Be sure to see these that I have shared….