Bunny Butt Cupcakes are perfect for Easter dessert. Since we use a boxed cake mix and top with homemade buttercream, they are so easy to make.
Bunny Butt Cupcakes
Easter will be here before we know it. Consider adding these Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes to your holiday dessert list. They are so easy, cute, and fun!
Simple to make desserts are great for allowing the kids to help. Bunny Butt Cupcakes will for sure be a treat you can have them decorate. They will be super excited to join in.
Guests will be commenting on your Bunny Butt Cupcakes. I promise they will notice them quickly. Some may even think they are too cute to devour.
If you are looking for additional Easter Cupcake ideas, see these other recipes I have shared:
How to make Bunny Butt Cupcakes for Easter
First, make your favorite boxed cake mix and use it to make cupcakes. I used a chocolate cake mix as I thought it could resemble the dirt. You can use any flavor variety or even make homemade.
Next, I used a green homemade buttercream frosting to resemble the grass. Start with creaming the butter until creamy.
Now, add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Blend until incorporated. After blended well, add the milk and mix again.
Note: If you would like extra frosted cupcakes, double the buttercream recipe.
Then, add green food coloring. I like to add about five drops at a time until I reach my desired color. Transfer to cupcakes or a piping bag. I used a basic 5-star tip to decorate our cupcakes.
Now, melt the white chocolate melting chips by microwaving for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for any additional minutes needed until you have smooth chocolate. If you would prefer to use white chocolate chips, they work as well. Just add a tiny amount of shortening with the chips before melting.
For the bunny butt, cut a large marshmallow in half, add a small dot of white chocolate and top the cupcake. Be sure to leave room for the bunny feet when placing.
For the bunny feet, add a dot of chocolate to a mini marshmallow. Then, place it near the large marshmallow. I like to set mine, so they are touching. Repeat the process for the other foot.
Now, use a small pink marshmallow to make the tail and the paws. The tail will require a full mini with a dot of chocolate. The paws will need small cut pieces.
Note: If you do not have pink marshmallows, you could consider these other items for the tail and paws:
- Pink frosting
- Pink Chocolate
As an additional decoration, I added Mike and Ike Carrots. I have used them in a few Easter recipes because they are just adorable. To make the carrot candies, use orange-colored Mike and Ikes. Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the ends of each. Then, use small pieces of edible Easter grass poked into the hole.
Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix plus box indredients
- 2 sticks Butter softened
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5-15 drops Green Food Coloring
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Melting Chips
- 12 White Regular Marshmallows
- 48 White Mini Marshmallows
- 30 Pink Mini Marshmallows
- 24 Orange Mike and Ike candies optional
- 1 bag Green Edible Easter Grass optional
- Make cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Add milk and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add green coloring starting with about 5 drops, beating to incorporate until desired color is reached.
- Transfer to piping bag with 5 star tip.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Melt chocolate chips, by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Cut regular marshmallow in half and place a dot of white chocolate on the cut side and place in center of icing on cupcake.
- Take two white mini marshmallows, place a dot of white chocolate on each and position below the large cut marshmallow.
- Place a small dot of white chocolate in center of marshmallow "butt" and attach a pink mini marshmallow to make tail.
- Cut 6 of the pink mini marshmallows into eigths (yielding 48 pink pieces).
- Place a small dot of white chocolate in center of each marshmallow "foot" and attach a pink mini marshmallow piece to make paw.
- Repeat for each cupcake.
- You can also create "carrots" and insert in icing by using a toothpick to create a hole in Mike and Ike candy and inserting edible Easter grass.