Here you have it a Dollar Store DIY: Tissue Paper Pumpkin Votive Holder. If you are looking for a way to bring some Halloween glow into your home on the cheap, this Tissue Paper Pumpkin Votive Holder is it. Nothing adds a pop of color and glow like this little guy does. He only takes a few minutes to make, and believe it or not you can create it using all dollar store items. Take a look below at how to make your own Pumpkin Votive Holder and in no time you will have the glow of Halloween in your own home.
Dollar Store DIY: Tissue Paper Pumpkin Votive Holder
Round glass votive holder
Orange tissue paper
Black construction paper
Battery operated votive
For the sample picture, we were able to find all of the supplies at our local Dollar Tree. Check your Dollar Tree to see if you can find the same, and that way you can make this project for a whole lot less.
1. Begin by tearing your orange tissue paper into tiny squares. Your squares will want to be about one inch by one inch in size.
2. Apply a generous amount of craft glue to one half of the glass votive holder. Spread it out evenly with your finger.
3. Start taking the tissue paper squares and place them over the glue. Press them firmly into place and gently smooth them out with your finger. Keep applying squares until the glue is covered.
4. Next, repeat the process but on the second half of the glass votive holder. The reason you only want to do one side at a time is because your glue will dry quickly.
5. Once the votive is covered, dip your paint brush into the glue and brush it gently over the glued on tissue paper pieces. You will notice that the paint will start to smooth the pieces out and give them a nice coating.
6. The glue will dry clear, giving the pumpkin a paper mache effect. Now, all you need to do is cut a face out of the black construction paper and apply it to the pumpkin.
7. Add a battery operated votive and you are all set! Your little pumpkin will glow and add lots of holiday charm!
Display your pumpkin anywhere you could use some glow, such as a mantel top or even your desk top at work. It is a fun and frugal craft just in time for the holidays! Looking for other Fall and Halloween Crafts on the cheap? See all of my Fall Frugal Crafts and Savings Ideas here.