Getting Started At Target
Some Target Stores are very Coupon Friendly,while others are not. My stores seem to be very picky. So, when I find a GREAT DEAL I usually make a few trips per week so I do not draw attention to myself, lol. Just Understanding how your store is, is the key to saving with Target.
Target weekly sales circulars run from Sunday-Saturday. But, they do run deals that run for weeks to a month at a time. Also, many Temporary Price Cuts throughout the store.
Target has a very strict coupon policy. You can view the entire policy here (which I highly suggest) But, here are some of the highlights:
- Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item
- Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied
- No cash back will be given if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item
- Coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in at Target are not accepted
Target Coupons can be found in weekly inserts, in your Target Store (hangtags, peelies) and printable from the Target website found here
Price Matching Policy
Target also has a Price Matching Policy They will match the price for any identical item in a competitor’s printed advertisement. But, here are some of the exclussions:
- they will not match online offers
- coupon-required offers
- timed event offers (doorbusters, early bird, etc)
- prices advertised as $$ off or % off (with no definitive price)
- bundled offers
- gift card offers.
Target will allow the use of a Target coupon and/or manufacturer’s coupon on items you are price matching. But, Target coupons will be applied before the price match. After the Target Coupon is applied, if the price is still lower then the price match will be made. Then, the manufacturer coupons will be applied After the price match is made.
Be sure to read the entire Price Matching Policy here for the complete list of exclusions.
If you are doing a price match it is easiest to check out at customer service. But, if you wish to checkout regularly, show the cashier the ad with the item you are price matching. Please be sure to do this at the beginning of your transaction. After ringing up the entire order, they will suspend your transaction and direct you to customer service. Customer service will finish your order, handling your price matching, along with any coupons for those items.