It’s time for some quick and easy Frugal Smoky Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe. Sometimes, you have to make due with the items you have on hand. This goes for dinner times as well, when you need to whip up a meal from the ingredients you already have in your cupboards. The good news is, this can mean some fun and exciting menu options! Take for example this Smoky Cheesy Garlic Bread. It is made from ingredients you probably already have around your kitchen, and it takes just minutes to whip up. It is crunchy, savory, and so inexpensive to make. Take a look below at how to make your own Smoky Cheese Garlic Bread. You may never go back to store bought garlic bread again!
Fugal Smoky Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
1 package of hot dog buns. Day old buns are just fine as it is ok if they are starting to harden.
½ cup of butter
2 teaspoons of all purpose meat seasoning. This can be steak seasoning salt, burger seasoning salt, etc.
1 cup of shredded cheese
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1. Split your hot dog buns open and cut into two pieces. Place them on a baking sheet.
2. Spread butter evenly on the top of each bun.
3. Sprinkle your seasoning salt, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning evenly on to each piece of bun. The seasoning salt is important because that is what will give it a smoky grill flavor. If you wish, you can opt out of using the Italian seasoning if it does not compliment your other dinner items you are making.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on each bun. You can use any cheese of your choice, although cheddar or American is suggested.
5. Place the bread in the over at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread looks golden brown.
That’s it! The end result is a smoky flavored garlic cheese bread that goes well with my favorite thick & hearty chili, soups, stews, salads, pastas, and more. It costs only pennies to make and uses up items you already have around. It is a quick fix on a night where ingredients are sparse but you still want something savory and hearty.
Give this simple and inexpensive Smoky Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe a try and in no time you too can be enjoying the cheesy and crunchy goodness of this easy to make treat. Just be warned, as everyone will want the recipe from you!