Dollar Store DIY: Paper Plate Halloween Creatures
Some of the best crafts are the ones you can make for just pennies. If you have a dollar store nearby, you have all of the makings for these super cute Paper Plate Halloween Creatures. These little guys are the perfect afternoon craft for kids, as they can be whipped up in just minutes and use minimal supplies. If you want to give these a try, take a look below at how in just a few steps you can make your own.
Paper Plate Halloween Creatures
Black paper or plastic plates
Craft glue or hot glue
That’s it! As you can see, your supply list is minimal and you may already have a great deal of these supplies around the home. If not, a quick trip to the dollar store will give you everything you need.
First, let’s take a look at the Vampire Bat. For this project you will need two plates and the rest of the supplies listed above.
1. Cut one of your plates in half. Using your scissors make zig zags across the flat/straight edge of the plate half. These will be your wings.
2. Glue the wings to the second plate. You can attach them right to the back.
3. Add ears using the scraps from your wings.
4. Add some googly eyes and using your scrap paper, snip out two little fangs. Attach.
That’s it! Now let’s see how to make a Spider! For this you will need one plate and the supplies listed above.
1. Cut the plate in half and set one half aside.
2. Cut your other half into strips to create legs.
3. Glue the legs to the back of the body. You should attach eight in all.
4. Add googly eyes and using your scrap paper, make two little fangs to attach to the face as well.
You now have two fun and frugal Halloween critters all ready to display. As you can see this craft is a cinch, it is inexpensive, and they only take minutes to make, So gather your supplies and give this simple Dollar Store DIY a try!
Looking for other Fall and Halloween Ideas? If so… see more here.