Dollar Store DIY Craft Bookworm Bookmark. The best DIY projects are the ones that are inexpensive, easy, and fun for kids. This DIY project fits the bill as all of the supplies you need can be found at your local dollar store, it only takes minutes, and kids will just love doing it. Below, you will find all you need to know about how to make your own Bookworm Bookmark, just in time for back to school. It is the perfect craft to get your child motivated to read and explore the world that books open up for them.
Dollar Store DIY Craft Bookworm Bookmark
Pair of googy eyes
1. Choose the assortment of pompons you want to use. You will need about 6 to cover the stick.
2. Add a dab of glue to each pompon and press to the stick. Hold it in place for several seconds to it adheres well.
3. Repeat this process until the stick is covered.
4. Add a drop of glue to each googly eye and attach to the front pompon. Hold into place as these will need a few seconds to adhere as well.
5. Snip an inch or so off of one of your pipe cleaners. Bend it into a V shape to use as the antennae. Apply a drop of glue and press the V into place behind the first pompon.
That’s it! You can use this bookworm bookmark in a variety of ways.
*It can hold pages in books as is, or if you wish you can omit the last two pompons so just the end of the bookmark lays flat in the pages and the rest of the bookworm sticks out of the top.
*This worm can also go directly on the shelf between books, so your child can mark the spot she took the book from.
* Your child can practice reading out loud to their new fuzzy friend.
* Your child can hold the bookworm and use it as a pointer, pointing at each word as she reads.
Give this fun and fuzzy craft a try with your child. It is sure to be a hit!