7 Ways to Save Money at Thrift Stores
Looking for ways to save money at Thrift Stores? Thrift stores are a great way to get more for your money. There is no better feeling than finding a bargain! If you have local thrift stores you love to visit, take a look at these 7 ways to save money at thrift stores. While thrift stores still offer a great deal of savings, there are always more deals to be had. Take a look at how you can get started at saving more!
1. Find out the discount days: Most thrift stores have a discount day one day a week or at least one day a month. Ask for a calendar of when this is so you can be sure that you are shopping on those days. Some offer as much as 50% off, so these are sales you want to take advantage of.
2. Donate to save more: Goodwill and many other thrift stores will give you a discount coupon when you donate. This can be anywhere from 10-50 percent! When you donate, be sure to take a coupon if one is offered so you can save on your next trip.
3. Be patient: There is a lot to look at when you thrift shop. Go when you have the time to really take your time. Go through clothing thoroughly, comb the shelves twice, and look high and low. This way, you don’t miss any hidden gems.
4. Look for labels: Name brand items will always be a better value in the long run. Opt for these items instead of no name items. They will retain a higher value, last you longer, and are worth the money you pay for them. Check tags and labels for names and brands before you buy.
5. Be a valued customer: Be kind, polite, and friendly with the staff. When you do this, they can tip you off on specials and sales, discount items, or even point you to items they think you may like. It always helps to make friends with the staff!
Save even more cash when you give these thrift store shopping tips a try. They are sure to make your thrifting experience an even better one.