7 Ways to Save Money on Lawn Care
Looking for ways to save money on Lawn Care? Two years ago we decided to trim costs by caring for our own lawn. I will admit having a landscaper take care of the lawn was a nice help. Unfortunately our budget could not handle the costs. Taking care of your lawn can be enjoyable, but if you are not careful the costs of doing so can add up too! Lawn care products, labor, and equipment can be pricey, but the good news is there are ways to reduce these costs. Take a look at 7 ways to save money on lawn care this season so you can have a great looking lawn for less. It is so easy!
1. Put elbow grease in it: Don’t hire out for jobs that you can do. Try to set aside the time and complete the task yourself instead of paying someone else your hard earned money. It may take a little while, but it is worth the savings. Small jobs you could consider hiring a teen at a much cheaper rate than a landscaping company.
2. Water in the evening: Don’t water during the day as the sun and heat will absorb the moisture quickly. Water at night instead and you will waste less and your plants will get the nourishment they need.
3. DIY bug repellent: Don’t buy pricey bug repellents. You can spray your plants with a simple mixture of water and Dawn dish soap instead. Just add a cup of soap per gallon of water and spray. It works great!
4. Trade with neighbors.: Don’t buy pricey equipment, instead, trade with your neighbors. Perhaps they will let you use their leaf blower if you let them use your weed wacker! This is a great way to get equipment for free. Also, purchase Gasoline for your equipment using you gas card savings.
5. Ask the city for mulch: Many cities make free mulch out of the trees they cut down all year. Call your local offices and see if there is any free mulch for you to enjoy. It will look great in your gardens and flower beds. If you are going to purchase your mulch, watch for sales and coupons for extra savings (Big Box stores like Home Depot and Lowes will occasionally have coupons available)
6. Keep up with it: Don’t neglect your lawn. Put a little care into it each day and you can avoid any costly problems in the future such as dead spots. Trim it weekly, water it every few days, and it is sure to look great for you all season.
7. Seed is best: Don’t pay for expensive sod or plant plugs. Always opt for seed and save. Yes it takes longer, but the savings is well worth it.
Get your lawn and budget looking great when you give these money saving strategies a try!