5 Ways to Save Money on School Uniforms
If your kiddos will be needing school uniforms this Back to School Season you will want to consider these 5 Ways to Save Money on School Uniforms. Uniform dress code can really add up. Purchasing dress pants, ties, button up shirts, jumper dresses can be very expensive if you are needing to purchase uniform wardrobes. Be sure to think outside the box and reconsider shopping at specilty uniform shops.
1. Used Clothes: Thrift stores, garage sales, craigslist etc. are can be really great places to find used school uniforms. Basic pieces can be easily found for a fraction of the cost of new. Be on the look out for great condition used uniform pieces throughout the school year.
2. Clearance and Sales: Uniform pieces can be found among the clearance racks of stores such as Macy’s and Gap for as low as $5 each maybe even cheaper. Stores usually over stock at Back to School time so stores often clearance the last of their uniform pieces after back to school season ends. Combine a Store Coupon for even more savings.
3. Buying for the Future: If you plan on having your children in school uniforms for awhile, grab larger sized school uniform pieces when you find uniform pieces that are on a great sale. You can stash these larger clothes away for future use.
4. Dark Colors: If your child’s school allows darker colors such as navy’s or black’s, buy them. Lighter clothing stains easier and needs to be replaced more often.
5. Shop at Non-Traditional Stores: Target, Old Navy, The Children’s Place, etc. will have basic school uniform pieces such as plain colored polos and khaki pants and shorts. You can sign up for emailing lists and learn when they are having sales on uniforms and receive coupons.