Honey has many different uses besides just for cooking or spreading on your toast. Growing up my grandmother was a honey freak (yup she used it daily for an energy boost). I have used so many of the ideas that she always shared throughout my life. Some of these, I think even she was unaware of. Grab that bottle or jar of honey from the pantry and put it to some additional uses.
1. Antiseptic: Instead of going for the Neosporin, next time you cut or burn yourself, jut apply honey to the affected area. It works as a natural antiseptic.
2. Moisturizer: Honey makes a great moisturizer, dry patches on your elbows and hands? Just apply honey, let it sit for about 30 minutes, then wash off.
3. Sugar Substitute: For every cup of sugar a recipe calls for, replace it with 3/4 cup of honey. It makes the recipe a lot healthier.
4. Sore Throat Relief: If you have a sore, dry throat, try this. Take the juice of one lemon, add in some honey, heat it until warm, and drink. Instant relief!
5. Damaged Hair: Instead of wasting money on expensive hair treatments and products to heal damaged hair, just use honey. Make a mixture of olive oil and honey and apply to your hair. Let it sit for about 20 minutes before shampooing and wash out. This leaves your hair feeling amazing!
6. Energy Boost: Skip out on the coffee or soda when you need a caffeine boost. Instead have a cup of tea with a tablespoon or two of honey. It’s a much healthier alternative when it comes to caffeine.
7. Relaxing Bath: Need a soothing, moisturizing bath? Add in some honey and 2 or 3 drops of lavender essential oil and let them dissolve into the bath.
8. Remove Acne: Help take care of stubborn pimples by dabbing on honey, letting it sit for for about 30 minutes, and wiping off. Honey is a natural antiseptic and astringent.
9. Headache Relief: Believe it or not, consuming a few tablespoons of raw honey will help relieve a headache due to it’s natural fructose.
10. Facial: Combine 2 teaspoons of milk with 2 tablespoons of honey, cover your face with the mixture, let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes and wash off. Your skin will be completely moisturized.